PDA

View Full Version : DRAFTING VIEW OF PLAN DETAIL AND REFERENCED SECTION TAG

shenderson
2007-11-28, 03:49 PM
TRYING TO REFERENCE A DRAFTING VIEW OF A PLAN DETAIL IN A SECTION AND THE SECTION TAG IS LOCKED IN THE 'Y' DIRECTION WITH NO HEAD OR TAIL...

shenderson
2007-12-17, 04:24 PM
bump... does revit no understand a detail can be reference as a plan callout and section callout both?? if i've got a column detail called out on a plan and then try to reference that column detail in a wall section, does it not get it? it that why i'm getting the section marker locked in the 'y' with no head or tail?

aaronrumple
2007-12-17, 04:37 PM
Would need more specific information.
Was the callout a plan or detail?
Are you trying to place a section symbol or a deatil?

Sections are always vertical. Details can be placed at any angle.

You can make a detail callout and then use a detail reference elsewhere....

shenderson
2007-12-18, 02:33 PM
if sections are always vertical, how do you call out a plan detail in a wall section? if i have a fairly complex column and i'm trying to help the contractor build the column in the field i will draw column plans at the base, mid and maybe top of the column and then show the column in elevation and maybe section with horizontal section tags that refer him to the column plan details. sometimes if a building is complex enough we will do this on building sections to call out plans. can this not be done in revit? does revit not understand that a plan is basically a horizontal section cut and a section is a vertical plan cut?

aaronrumple
2007-12-18, 10:53 PM
if sections are always vertical, how do you call out a plan detail in a wall section?

Exactly that way.
Use the Detail section type. Not the Section section type. The detail is what you are after to get the callouts you want.

Then you will be able to place a callout ref. to the detail in plan.

For Revit a plan is much more than a horizontal section thru the building. It also consdiers what is above the cut plane like casework and floors. So a plan can be a section, but a section can't be a plan.

shenderson
2007-12-18, 10:58 PM
thanks for your help...i'm in the middle of a deadline right now on another project.... i think i understand what you are saying so i'll give it a try asap