PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall mullion issues

michael.thompson
2007-11-30, 04:51 PM
Hi guys-
I'm having trouble joining horizontal and vertical mullions in my revit model (see the attached image). The horizontal mullion is deep an sits outside of the glass, while the vertical mullion is a bit shallower and sits inside the glass for a butt joint appearance on the outside. Problem is, even though the vertical mullion is offset from the horizontal, it still cuts and looks funky. Any solutions to this, or do i just have to hide it with masking regions and line work?

Thanks

dfriesen
2007-11-30, 05:35 PM
Yeah, those situations don't work well. Sometimes it works to do two separate curtainwalls - one has the glass and the outside mullion, the other has empty system panels and the inside mullions. Can be a pain to manage, but it will get the job done.

christopher.zoog51272
2007-11-30, 10:39 PM
We tend to model the part of the mullion that we need the most control over (the vertical in your example) separately and nest it into a custom curtain wall panel. See image below. We used a regular mullion for the inside vertical that needed to be cut by the stainless reveal (horizontal mullion) The metal "finn" was nested in because it needed to be set off by a different amount.