PDA

View Full Version : CORNER CURTAIN WALL - NOT CUTTING CORRECTLY

dpasa
2007-11-30, 06:26 PM
Another problem, another workaround.... What do you suggest?

My first attempt is to modify wall's profile to make the corner disappear....

Mr Spot
2007-12-02, 09:35 PM
Check out my blog for how I resolve this...

dpasa
2007-12-03, 07:13 AM
Really clever trick... I am not an expert but working with Revit, the first word you learn is "workaround" and I hate it.
There are some problems with curtain walls from the past, and they don't seem to get better.
Let's hope Autodesk will release a really revolutionary RAC2009 because although it is the best CAD/BIM software on the market, it is much worst than it should be.

patricks
2007-12-03, 09:36 PM
Yeah this problem has been around for a LONG time. I first experienced it back in probably 7.1 or something.

Nice workaround there Mr. Spot. :)

atbergma
2007-12-04, 03:30 PM
How about this -

- Edit wall joins at the corner of the solid wall to be mitered.
- Align or mone the plan line (the green dashed one) of the curtain wall to the exterior face of the solid wall.
- Make the offsets of the curtain panel types and mullion types to be negative so that their relationship with the wall is per the design intent.
- You'll need a different curtain wall type for inside corners with its own mullion and panel types, since the plan line will have to be flush with the interior face of the solid wall.

This feels less like a workarout to me. Yes, you'll have to create different curtain wall, mullion and panel types for different conditions, but one they're in your template you're done.

SCShell
2007-12-05, 01:31 PM
Hey there,

Let's not forget the "Revit" method for those who are just starting out and don't wish to mess with voids, families, or a work-around.

1. Place your sill wall below the window, up to the "unconnected" window sill height.
2. Place your window with the appropriate "base offset" and "unconnected" height. (or, use a level if you have all of your window heads set to one level height.)
3. Place your wall above the window using the "base offset" to match your window head and, either "unconnected" or "Level" to set the height of the wall.

Good luck
Steve

peterh
2007-12-06, 11:22 AM
My first try is to pull each curtain wall/storefront back from the corner and then use the "Trim" command. Most of the time, this fixes it.
If that doesn't work, then using the drag dot on one or both will correct it.

Keep trying, you may be the one who tells us what the ultimate fix is!