PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to model in 3d perspective and not 3d axonometric (without cameras) ?!

samov
2007-12-03, 01:31 PM
Is it possible to model in 3d perspective and not 3d axonometric?!

Cameras complicate things... A LOT

I feel this feature is BIG ... this and the overdependance on workplanes... from a 3d modeling point of view i have no way o perceiving the 3d-ness of the model without constantly positioning and swithing to cameras.

SkiSouth
2007-12-03, 01:59 PM
no you cannot model in camera view. What you can do is split your screen (use tile mode) and have multiple views open so as you change the 3d axo, or plan or elevation, the other views are updated, you'll see the change as you make it. There could be a decrease in performance depending on your graphics card and computer though.

AP23
2007-12-03, 02:10 PM
This could be very annoying, when you start using Revit. Every 3d software has the option to work in a perspective view, but I must admit that you'll get used to the axometric view.

The workplane issue however, is a problem and if I’m not mistaken has been submitted to Autodesk as a wish item. I hope this gets solved in the upcoming release in combination with a 3d polyline/spline.

samov
2007-12-03, 02:22 PM
Thanks for your fast responses... thought i was missing something since autocad (alas an inferior app) has an option to switch between axonometric and perspective views, and it was added when they put in the new 3d engine ...

Maybe Revit will get an upgrade soon... when is 2009 coming out?