PDA

View Full Version : Stair problem

Carlos GT
2007-12-03, 08:00 PM
I am trying to draw a 3 run stairs from 0 to 12'. What I did first was drew a 2 run stairs (stair #1) from zero to 8' (first landing). Second I drew a single run (stair #2) from 8' to 12'. Everything looks fine, but I have a problem in the landing where stair #1 finish and stair #2 begins.
Stair #1 begins and ends with a riser. Stair #2 begings with a tread and ends with a riser. The problem is in this first tread in stair #2, which I modified it becoming the second landing. I can not get the stringer for this first tread (landing) and the railings do not look good either, they are passing down this landing, which is obvious, because the railings are supposed to end in the stringers, and I do not have stringers for this landing.

Can somebody help me with this issue.

Thanks.

gwnelson
2007-12-03, 08:52 PM
You might try this method first: describe your stairs by risers & boundaries, not by run. You can get much more creative by (pretty much) drafting.

SkiSouth
2007-12-04, 04:14 PM
you will need to post an image of the stair you are trying to create and someone will be glad to show you what can be done..