PDA

View Full Version : Plan Views - Shaded w/ Edges

wbs69117950
2007-12-03, 08:10 PM
I am using a Plan View - Shaded w/ Edges. Setting the Detail Level to Coarse. This creates a nice even grey poche to infill the walls. It's great, but....

Is there a way to get it to not poche the windows with these same settings? It would be great to have them clear and make them pop. I do not see what controls the shading aspects of a plan view.

Thanks,

dhurtubise
2007-12-03, 08:38 PM
Use a fill pattern at coarse level for you wall instead of the shaded view.

ideadude
2007-12-04, 04:08 AM
Hey! .. a belated ... Congratulations on getting you license!

We have been generally using fine view and transparent shading. In the latest version there appears to be even more controls for screening and coloring of areas and rooms. I was reading in the "whats new" We have not had time to play with this yet.
Permit deadline coming up around the corner. Yikes

iru69
2007-12-04, 05:28 AM
Add a masking region to your window family (in plan view). This will make the default white. Also, with a masking region, you can then use the graphic overrides to make it any color you want (if you wanted something other than white).

Is there a way to get it to not poche the windows with these same settings? It would be great to have them clear and make them pop. I do not see what controls the shading aspects of a plan view.

Thanks,