PDA

View Full Version : Linked revit file could not be saved

mysixstring
2007-12-04, 05:59 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed before but I have done a search and can't seem to find my problem.

We have had a large programing change on one of our projects and have linked in the old revit model as a reference when creating our new model. When I go to save the new project, we get an error message that says...

Linked file File "filename.rvt" cannot be saved because it has changes in more than just shared coordinates and therefore can invalidate Local Files owned by you.

I didn't think that I could make any changes to a linked file other than the coordinates so I am a bit confused by this error. Am I linking this file incorrectly? Is there some setting that I am missing? I would greatly appreciate any input.

Andre Carvalho
2007-12-04, 06:14 PM
Do you have worksets on your linked file? I mean, is your linked file a central file or a local copy of a central file?

If yes, try opening your original linked file again and save it to central and locally.

Then just close it and open your host file again. I think you will be able to save it properly after doing that.

Regards,

Andre Carvalho

ajayholland
2007-12-04, 07:40 PM
Check out these previous posts:
Error message with linked Revit files
Error Message - Modified Linked File?
Linking Local Files
~AJH

mysixstring
2007-12-05, 04:03 PM
Yes, the linked file is a central file. Saveing back to central from the local file did the trick. ajholland, your post on linking local files was very helpful. Apparently I need to work on my searching skills.

iandanield
2008-03-14, 02:50 PM
I am having the same problem listed above. I saved back to the Central file...worked....happened again, so I opened the Central file and did a "save as" to create a new Central file...then I re-saved a local file from the Central. The next day, the problem occurred again. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :)

extra info: I have a Central file of a building. Linked into that file is a Central file of the Site. The building Central file is the one giving me trouble. While in my local file, I try to "Save to Central" and that is when the error message appears.

cheers

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-16, 12:19 AM
As I can see the message is poping up on your local file from the building central file. The messsage says the linked file Green House Site Central cannot be saved... So the problem isn't on your local file neither the building central file. You should close all of your files, open your Green House Site Central file and save it. Then close it and open your local file back, saving it to central just after it.. It should solve the problem.

Andre Carvalho