PDA

View Full Version : Revit IFC

Wagurto
2007-12-06, 12:11 AM
I have exported a file from archicad in format IFC.200 and imported to Revit 2008. The import process looked that went ok but after it finish nothing its visible on Revit. Does anybody here has any experience using IFC? If so can you give some pointer how to achieved a translation between archicad and Revit.
Thanks

Baldwin_4-6-0
2007-12-06, 02:03 PM
IFC seems a bit, how you say "not working yet".
It botched our Models out of Revit and other platforms no matter what we did.
Maybe someday it will work?

truevis
2007-12-06, 07:53 PM
IFC from AutoCAD MEP into Revit produces in-place generic models that cannot be measured, dimensioned, snapped-to, cut, modified, etc. The 3D solids from ACAD become faceted surfaces in IFC. They look okay, though.

Don't know any way to get any information besides geometry in via IFC.

Maybe I've got it wrong. Corrections welcome.

From http://buildings.lbl.gov/hpcbs/Element_2/02_E2_P2_3_2.html (font size added:lol:)

Goal Statement:
To extend Industrial Foundation Classes (IFC) schemata to support the modeling and simulation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) components and systems in various IFC-compatible building simulation tools (such as EnergyPlus). This will facilitate the seamless importing of information from upstream applications and databases (such as general definitions and performance specifications of HVAC equipment and furnishings). It will also facilitate the seamless exporting of generated information to downstream tools, such as facilities management tools.

mark.ratcliff
2007-12-07, 08:23 AM
In my limited experience, IFC2x3 format work best for transfer from Archicad to Revit. Most objects come through but you will get a number of error messages. Many of these can be ignored.

The transfer i very dependent on the quality of modelling in Archicad. Get the IFC model checked with a program such as Solibri model checker to sort out errors before you import to Revit.

robert.lipman
2008-01-10, 03:05 PM
Another forum is available to discuss IFC file exchanges between any CAD applications.

IFC-BIM Exchange Support Forum (http://www.buildersnet.org/IFC-BIM/)