PDA

View Full Version : Strange error message in Revit... what does it mean?

FWSchreck
2007-12-07, 01:12 AM
Hello:

After attempting a "Save to Central" with a project that has a linked exterior project file, Revit returned the following message:

"Linked file "exterior.rvt" cannot be saved because it has changes in more than just shared coordinates and therefore can invalidate Local Files owned by you."

What does this message mean?

The linked file was originally attached with shared coordinates. The linked file was then removed, then re-linked. Could this be the source of the problem?

How can you remove shared coordinates from an attached project?

dbaldacchino
2007-12-07, 06:09 AM
EDIT: Sorry, ignore my original response....I mixed up your error/warning message with another one.

The message you're getting is typically issued when shared coordinates in the link have been changed (when you move the link around and publish coordinates to it) and when Revit knows that the linked file is a central and there are local files accessing it. If you want to save the changes in shared coordinates back to the link, make sure no one is in a local file, then save, then re-create locals for the linked central file and you should be back in business.

mysixstring
2007-12-07, 06:41 AM
This thread really helped me out with the same issue

Linking Local Files (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=60238)