PDA

View Full Version : Annotation Scale list keeps propagating the whole list

jacep
2007-12-07, 03:16 PM
We are working on getting our standards and blocks updated / converted for the leap to vanilla ACAD 08. I tried to read up on all the annotative scale issues and converting DB to include annotative scaling.

So here’s what I cant figure out: I created a new fp proto dwg and removed all of the scales I do not want in the dwg. I revamped some of the details (door tags, room tags…) to be annotative and removed the scales I do not want in the dwg. I still get that long list of annotative scales.

What am I doing wrong, cuz I know it is not AutoCAD.....................

CADDmanVA
2007-12-07, 04:03 PM
Be sure your are "purging" the unneeded scales in your blocks too. If a block has an Annotative Scale within it, it will import that scale when inserted into your drawing.

jacep
2007-12-07, 04:12 PM
CADDmanVA - I will go back and triple check that the scales were purged out. I know they were removed from the list, but purged huh.

Thanks foe the idea

CADDmanVA
2007-12-07, 04:51 PM
CADDmanVA - I will go back and triple check that the scales were purged out. I know they were removed from the list, but purged huh.

Thanks foe the idea

Sorry, maybe the phrase purge was a bad idea to use. You can't delete Annotative Scales from the PURGE routine. That's just the first thing I would check on, I still have that problem with some of my older blocks.

ededios
2007-12-12, 12:37 AM
Sorry, maybe the phrase purge was a bad idea to use. You can't delete Annotative Scales from the PURGE routine. That's just the first thing I would check on, I still have that problem with some of my older blocks.

Hello!

What I did was take the list of scales I don'need out of my template file. Then I made sure my blocks didn't have the long list either.
So I created a new file, checked the list it, and it was fine, then I inserted a block, and the list is now back to default. Is that normal? I hope not.

CADDmanVA
2007-12-12, 12:23 PM
...So I created a new file, checked the list it, and it was fine, then I inserted a block, and the list is now back to default. Is that normal? I hope not.

No, that is not normal at all. Is it possible you can post the template and offending block?

jacep
2007-12-12, 03:15 PM
What I have found is that if I insert the cleaned out blocks and insert them into the new template, then the scale lists as they should be, only the scales I want, but if I pull the block off a pallet then the scale list has everything.

ededios
2007-12-12, 04:13 PM
What I have found is that if I insert the cleaned out blocks and insert them into the new template, then the scale lists as they should be, only the scales I want, but if I pull the block off a pallet then the scale list has everything.

That's exactly my problem, also inserting from Design Center has the same effect.
Using the insert command works fine, but all our standard blocks come from Tool Palettes. So I hope there's something I can do to fix this.

CADDmanVA - I've attached my template and a file that has some standard blocks (where my Tool Palettes grab the blocks from).

Thank you

CADDmanVA
2007-12-13, 12:04 AM
That explains a lot. Annotative Scale doesn't get along well with the DC and pallets. I don't use either, so it never occurred to me before you two mentioned it. Sorry about that.

ededios
2007-12-13, 12:14 AM
Annotative Scale doesn't get along well with the DC and pallets.
It's this kind of stuff that makes me miss Microstation :cry:
Well, I can now leave this topic and move on to the next. . Thank you CADDmanVA!!

CADDmanVA
2007-12-13, 12:24 AM
It's this kind of stuff that makes me miss Microstation :cry:
Well, I can now leave this topic and move on to the next. . Thank you CADDmanVA!!

:beer: You're welcome. Sure, Autodesk pulled a dummy with this one, but come on! Bentley finally got a clue and gave users more than a handful of levels...still no ability to give them names though... :roll:

ededios
2007-12-13, 12:40 AM
LOL . . .When they opened up the possibilty of having a million levels, they also allowed them to be named, the numbers only remain for legacy purposes.

My issue is there seems to be no follow through to make sure new features work with other things as they should. Bentley would've made sure it worked on the palettes and design center because it's obvious. . . as they did when they allowed a million levels to be created, it was obvious naming them should be the default vs. keeping them numbered and then allowing names in the next release. . . follow through ;)

But I've moved away from it and I'm learning to accept Autocad again, I can't help but miss it.. . . until I get everyone using Revit!!!

Thanks again

CADDmanVA
2007-12-13, 03:17 AM
Ha ha, you have a good point there. Autodesk has been known to pull a few stupid moves in the past. I cut my teeth on AutoCAD almost 10 years ago. When I had to use Microstation (V5 I think), it didn't mesh well with the experience I had up until then. To each there own though...ambiguity makes the world go `round :mrgreen:

jacep
2007-12-13, 02:43 PM
Annotative Scale doesn't get along well with the DC and pallets.

Thanks CADDmanVA. That is what I am figuring out.

ededios
2007-12-13, 05:32 PM
Thanks again CADDManVA.
Hopefully there's a fix for this soon.

jacep
2007-12-13, 05:36 PM
I am working on a workaround. Don't know if it will work just yet. I will let you know if anything works out.

ededios
2007-12-13, 06:24 PM
I am working on a workaround. Don't know if it will work just yet. I will let you know if anything works out.

Great thanks! I was looking through Autodesk Discussion groups, someone mentioned doing a VBA routine as a "band-aid" as the person put it, but didn't specify how. I haven't gotten into that yet, not sure if that's where you were headed. Here's the link http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5569418