PDA

View Full Version : Installing Web Update #3

bgunderson
2007-12-07, 05:53 PM
We have a network installation. With new web updates what is the best practice to extract all the new files for the update. Revit 2008 has the installation package file, the Modify the installation package and then the Adminimage. Can all the update files overwrite what is in the Adminimage? or should a new folder be created to hold these files? I have been creating another folder called download and putting all the update files here and leaving the Adminimage alone with all the original content. Each new update creates and overwrites the installation package file and the Modify installation package file. Below is what is we have:
Adminimage (orginal files from DVD)
Content (original files from DVD)
Download (sp1 files)
DownloadSP2 (sp2 files)
2008_RevitArchitecture
Modify Revit_Architecture
SP1_RAC2008.exe
SP2_RAC2008.exe
SP3_RAC2008.exe
This is taking up a lot of space on our server and I have been asked if all this is needed? When asked to save files can I just put them in the Adminimage and overwrite the build before?
Anyone's thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Rachel Ritchie
2007-12-07, 06:19 PM
Never overwrite the build before until your are sure this one is working! But we do archive off our server our older versions and older builds, once we're satified with the new one. Typically we have 2-3 builds of RAC on the server at a time. We ususally don't clean the old until we need the space.