PDA

View Full Version : Panel Elevations

rkitect
2007-12-07, 09:41 PM
Just like you would see in a set of shop drawings. These are elevations of just a single wall panel (I have some Tilt-up Wall Panels modeled in this building). I'm looking for suggestions on how to make individual elevations of each panel. I have 68 Panels and the tedious editing involved when using the Elevation tool seems a bit inefficient.

Thanks for the time.

arqt49
2007-12-08, 12:38 AM
Are the panels families?
If so, you can insert them as symbols in a legend.

rkitect
2007-12-08, 03:37 AM
It was actually easier and more efficient (not to mention acurate for DWF and NavisWorks exports) to create individual walls. I had tried modeling them as in place wall families in the past but this seems to work much better and allow quicker work.

That is an interesting idea though. May have to go back tot that if we end up doing more of these in the future.

Adam Mac
2007-12-10, 01:39 AM
Are you also making use of view templates to "clean up" your elevations
rather than re-edit the view graphics etc. each time?

mruehr
2007-12-10, 06:19 AM
And depending on your Sheet layout in elevation view you can use the crop regions.
with vertical breaks you can isolate every alternate panel then use the Move View Region
to adjust your layout hide the panel between by element. this way you can do it with much less Elevation Views.
As is said Depending on your layout

rkitect
2007-12-10, 04:07 PM
Are you also making use of view templates to "clean up" your elevations
rather than re-edit the view graphics etc. each time?

Very much so, yes.

And depending on your Sheet layout in elevation view you can use the crop regions.
with vertical breaks you can isolate every alternate panel then use the Move View Region
to adjust your layout hide the panel between by element. this way you can do it with much less Elevation Views.
As is said Depending on your layout

This is actually an interesting idea, one that I'm disappointed I hadn't thought of yet. Thanks for the suggestion, may have to see if this works.

rkitect
2007-12-12, 03:04 PM
OK,
Here is what I've found so far that is preventing me from getting the elevation break method from working. As you'll see in the DWF I posted, the shop drawing layout has 2 rows of panel elevations, 8 per sheet. The problem I am having is that you can not move the panel elevations far enough away from each other using the elevation break to space them properly on the sheet. It was a good shot, but in the end, it looks like individual elevations are still the way to go :(

tyler.kawahara356150
2007-12-19, 11:09 PM
I usually show the entire wall and break it at the end if it doesn't fit. There is a small gap between the panels, but just the typical gap. Why spread them out so much?

rkitect
2007-12-21, 07:13 PM
The shop drawings are being produced for the field supervisor on site. Providing all the information on a single elevation would get too cluttered and not be as easily read. Lots of dimensions to be had.