PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Annotation Text Readable

trythefly
2007-12-11, 12:44 PM
I have a GFCI Countertop Duplex Outlet that uses an annotation symbol for the top view. The annotation symbol has text that no matter what I check in the options (Family Category and Parameters) still rotates with the symbol.

I need the text to stay horizontal at all times. How do I make this happen? I have searched here.

aggockel50321
2007-12-11, 01:58 PM
I think you'll have to remove the annotation from your family, and then apply it with a tag.

trythefly
2007-12-11, 02:19 PM
I think you'll have to remove the annotation from your family, and then apply it with a tag.

Remove the text from the annotation family and then use a tag in the main family?

aggockel50321
2007-12-11, 03:02 PM
For instance, if the "E" symbol in your attachment, stands for the fixture type, tag the electrical fixture (in the project) with an electrical fixture tag .
The default tag uses the "type mark" label. Set the type mark to E, and you'll get your tag with your choice of a horizontal or vertical orientation.

If you don't like the style of the default tag, you can edit it and create your own.

trythefly
2007-12-12, 01:35 PM
For instance, if the "E" symbol in your attachment, stands for the fixture type, tag the electrical fixture (in the project) with an electrical fixture tag .
The default tag uses the "type mark" label. Set the type mark to E, and you'll get your tag with your choice of a horizontal or vertical orientation.

If you don't like the style of the default tag, you can edit it and create your own.

That is making the user do a 2 step process to place an outlet. Thats a step backwards IMO. There has to be a way to do this in the annotation family so the text will not rotate.

aggockel50321
2007-12-12, 02:24 PM
You can place them all and then use the "tag all not tagged" command, which will take away some of the pain....

Another possible advantage is that you can drag the tag around the fixture to avoid other stuff.

JoelLondenberg
2007-12-12, 06:34 PM
That is making the user do a 2 step process to place an outlet. Thats a step backwards IMO. There has to be a way to do this in the annotation family so the text will not rotate.

When placing air terminals, there is a check box to "Tag on Placement" that is not available for receptacles. You should add that to the feature request list.

pbes.79424
2007-12-17, 10:58 PM
Hello John C,

If you edit you annotation family(within you device family) and select "Keep text readable" from within the Family Category and Parameters(Settings pulldown) dialog it may give you the desired results. Also you may want to make the text a "label" if it is not already. If you need an example you could use the Receptacle.rfa that comes with REVIT to see how to create the annotation family within the device family. However the out of the box doesn't stay readable because of the Family Category and Parameters setting in the annotation family.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, please let me know if you need me to clarify and I'll put together a step-by-step procedure

Cheers!
Paul Beseman
AEC Product Implementation Engineer
Alignex, Inc.