PDA

View Full Version : Missing Tutorial File

brockdesmit.155588
2007-12-12, 05:50 AM
I am working through the Imperial Tutorials for Revit Building 9.1. Under the "Create Drawings" chapter, I am called upon to open a file titled, "i_Drawing_Exercise.rvt" This file doesn't show up in my Training Files. I have downloaded all the data sets from Autodesk's website, and have run the .exe files. Files demanded for previous tutorials were there. If anyone can point me in a direction where I can find this file or offer it up, I would be so grateful.

jeffh
2007-12-14, 07:08 PM
The datasets that are posted for download for the website only include the datasets for the current release of Revit. You mention you are using Revit 9.1. The file you are talking about may not be used in the most recent version of the tutorials. This is why you can find it in the files avaliable for downliad. In Revit 9.1 the required tutorial files should have been installed. Either way I was able to track down an archived copy of the file you are looking for. I have attached it here.

Elmo
2008-01-07, 02:01 PM
The Link to all the tutorials is http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=9481365.

rachelle
2008-07-28, 03:21 PM
the file
i_Legends.rvt is missing as well.

did autodesk just remove the files for revit 9?

jeffh
2008-07-29, 01:34 PM
the file
i_Legends.rvt is missing as well.

Attached is the missing file you are looking for.

jeffh
2008-07-29, 06:42 PM

The tutorial files for Revit 9 were never posted for download. These files were included as part of the download or on the shipped media. Revit 2008 started having the tutorials posted to the web for download rather than including them on the shipped media (although some older training files still get installed and are the wrong ones). Both 2008 and 2009 tutorial files can be downloaded from our website. Anyhitng older will have to coome from an install disk.

vadodaria_jignesh
2008-10-16, 06:57 AM
Hi,
I am following the tutorial for Revit 2009, in the Chapter 2 (pdf) there is one file that needs to be imported named "Imperial\i_RST_EW_Arch_floor_plan.dwg", could any one please inform me where can I find this file, I tried looking up in my installation directory but did not find it. Also I would appreciate if anyone could upload this file or send it me on vadodaria_jignesh@yahoo.com

thanks

jeffh
2008-10-16, 05:36 PM
All datasets needed for the tutorials can be found at this location.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=11091739

About 1/2 way down the page, there is a series of 4 ZIP files that contain all of the current datasets.

Elmo
2009-01-23, 08:44 AM
Sorry for necro posting but I have 1 client that is looking for the trianing files for 7.1. They lost all their previous files and we are now stuck trying to find the files. Does anyone have a link as the one I found only goes back to around 8.1.

SkiSouth
2009-01-24, 12:30 PM
Sorry for necro posting but I have 1 client that is looking for the trianing files for 7.1. They lost all their previous files and we are now stuck trying to find the files. Does anyone have a link as the one I found only goes back to around 8.1.

I have my 7.0 Revit install disk which has the tutorials on it. Metric and Imperial. Its about 55-56 megs.

Elmo
2009-01-26, 06:12 AM
I am looking for the metric files. Skisouth is it possible that you can upload so that I can download it? Posibly use a website like yousendit.