PDA

View Full Version : Roof Question

ty_demo15
2007-12-12, 03:02 PM
Could someone tell me a way to resolve this issue with my roof?

sbrown
2007-12-12, 03:05 PM
I can't open that file can you post a jpg?

ty_demo15
2007-12-12, 03:24 PM
ok. I need the roof covering the first floor to butt up agianst the second floor wall. and the second floor roof to go back. I dont know a way to edit that roof to accomplish that.

Matt Brennan
2007-12-12, 06:48 PM
In cases like this, usally you have to create multiple roofs and then either use the roof join tool or use the opening tool found under the molding tab.

luigi
2007-12-13, 03:10 AM
It looks like from the drawing that you do have the first floor roof and the 2nd floor roof as 2 seperate roofs...it also seems like (could be wrong) that the 1st floor roof is an extrusion, not a footprint roof...

You will need to upload the revit file, or show/give more information on the roof...

If it is 1 main roof, you may need to send us a pic of the sketch mode, and information on the elevation of the roof edge, etc....definately the revit file will get you a more direct and fast response...

ok. I need the roof covering the first floor to butt up agianst the second floor wall. and the second floor roof to go back. I dont know a way to edit that roof to accomplish that.