PDA

View Full Version : Work planes can not be copied?

kreed
2007-12-12, 09:11 PM
Has anyone run into a problem where you cannot duplicate a view because Revit says "Work planes cannot be copied"?

We have two views that we really need to make dependent copies of and neither of them will do it. We thought it was a result of having multiple plan regions and objects on different work planes but we have other views with the same set up that will duplicate.

The only clue we have to go on right now is that the Dependency under the view's Identity Data is set to Independent rather than Primary, but again we have another view that is Independent and it duplicates just fine.

Does anybody have any ideas? We've talked to our local Rep who has talked to Autodesk Subscription help who has referred it to the development team.

Thank you.

luigi
2007-12-13, 02:24 AM
It's hard for me to give a possible solution, since I never encountered that problem (hopefully somebody will step in and give you a direct answer), so...what I am about to suggest may not help whatsoever...nor it makes any sense...but....

Go into that view, and force a workplane by a specific level(the toolbar button next to "show Workplan Grid" button on left of the Toolbar....(any floor level) and then try to duplicate the view.

Again, it doesn't make sense to me, but it won't hurt to try....

If there is a way to upload a stripped down version of your file, you will most likely get a dozen or so people try to help you at the same time....kinda invaluable, if you are able to upload something, unless Autodesk resolves it first...

Hope it goes well for you asap...

Has anyone run into a problem where you cannot duplicate a view because Revit says "Work planes cannot be copied"?

We have two views that we really need to make dependent copies of and neither of them will do it. We thought it was a result of having multiple plan regions and objects on different work planes but we have other views with the same set up that will duplicate.

The only clue we have to go on right now is that the Dependency under the view's Identity Data is set to Independent rather than Primary, but again we have another view that is Independent and it duplicates just fine.

Does anybody have any ideas? We've talked to our local Rep who has talked to Autodesk Subscription help who has referred it to the development team.

Thank you.

aaronrumple
2007-12-13, 04:06 AM
referred it to the development team.

Thank you.

Ah. The black hole at Autodesk.

dbaldacchino
2007-12-13, 04:52 AM
Autodesk Support seems to have become the vortex of doom. Whether you submit a SR with the highest priority or lowest, it has been taking weeks if not months to get a response. I'm very worried.....turnaround used to be quite quick but now we've reach a point where I question the time I spend to send in detailed reports.

Back to your issue....have you tried re-setting the workplane to, say, a level and try duplicating again?

luigi
2007-12-13, 11:54 PM
Hey!!!! That's what I told him to try... :?

Back to your issue....have you tried re-setting the workplane to, say, a level and try duplicating again?

dbaldacchino
2007-12-14, 02:35 AM
ooops....what Luigi said :)

luigi
2007-12-14, 02:42 AM
ooops....what Luigi said :)

I Fo'Give (Fugive) you...Supercalifragilistichespiralidoso... ;)

Rustle
2008-02-01, 05:13 PM
We are having the same problem. Kreed, let us know if you have resolved this issue.

Rustle
2008-02-28, 12:59 AM
Support fixed the file and said it will be addressed in a future release.