PDA

View Full Version : Angled Railings.

j_starko
2007-12-12, 11:41 PM
Hey I need help with creating an angled railing.

between a building being modelled and and the site, is a pedestrian bridge and there is some slope going from the buiding , down to the site grade.

I've created the ramp out of massing ( a structural framing component)as i wanted it to have the profile that has been detailed for me.

I know that if i do a ramp or a sloped floor that it would be easier to have the railing added and running paralel, but is there a way to get the railing to host to a reference plane ? I'm having difficulties getting things to work the way i want them to be.

can i host my railing to a sloped reference place or am i limited to using a ramp or sloped floor to do this ?

Thanks

Mark James
2007-12-13, 12:44 AM
can i host my railing to a sloped reference place or am i limited to using a ramp or sloped floor to do this ?

I think railings can only be hosted by floors or ramps.
You could create a thin ramp or floor in the same plane as your massing ramp, then host the railing from that.

dhurtubise
2007-12-13, 08:54 AM
I think railings can only be hosted by floors or ramps.
You could create a thin ramp or floor in the same plane as your massing ramp, then host the railing from that.

Thats exact Mark.

j_starko
2007-12-13, 04:51 PM
yeah this is what i've ended up doing and it works well . the way i've done it was by making the massing in the shape and position and angle of the member i was modelling .
then i did floor by face . and then the railing attached to that.