PDA

View Full Version : Imported DWG draw order

cheboludo
2007-12-13, 06:44 PM
I'm just starting out learning this beast and would love some help. I've imported a DWG file from an architect and am drawing walls, windows, etc over the imported image. How can I bring the imported dwg image to the front to see openings, etc?

Thanks!

che

MNsnowtaTy
2007-12-13, 08:58 PM
You should be able to select the Revit items you have drawn and up by the toolbar there should be a send to back button that you can choose. Click it and it should send it back and allow the dwg to stand out a little bit more. The button is next to the type selector and looks like 3 squares.

cheboludo
2007-12-13, 10:02 PM
you know, i have two imports in my drawing. the first one i put in, it was a no-brainer. i was able to change the element properties to foreground or background.

the second floor plan i imported was placed on one of my levels. the only way i'm able to see it in the foreground is if i place it above my drawing plane. still trying to figure out what i did differently on the second import.

thanks

aaronrumple
2007-12-13, 10:40 PM
The fist one was imported to a view - not to a level. If you make a callout of that view, the plan will not be visible. Where the one you placed on a level exists in 3D space and will show in all views it intersects..

cheboludo
2007-12-13, 11:52 PM
YES!!!

frustration allieved. now if i can only figure out how to create my families.....

thanks,
che