PDA

View Full Version : Visibility Depth Issue

pjones.155766
2007-12-13, 07:38 PM
Ok here is my scenario.

I have a 2 story building and am on the second floor plan view. The building has a 15' floor to floor and an entry vestibule that pops out of the building with a height of 10'. As I am looking at the second floor plan, the roof of the vestibule is not visible.

The view is set to "hidden line" and "no underlay" is selected. When I go to my View Range tab and change the "view depth" to "unlimited" . I can now see the roof of the vestibule but I also see all of the first floor walls.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex Page
2007-12-13, 08:13 PM
If you have a 'floor' then you shouldnt be able to see the first floor walls below:?: Check that you have 'hidden lines' and the floor is on...

Other than this, you could set your view depth to just catch the top of the roof you want to see....

If these suggestions dont work for your circumstances, then turn on the underlay and use the linework tool on the roof you want to see, then turn off the underlay

pjones.155766
2007-12-13, 08:19 PM
I just tested my same scenario in a new Project file and it works as intended. I guess somehow the file I am in is corrupted ... because not only do I see the floor below when I set my View Depth to Unlimited ... I also see the stairs through the slab when my View Depth is set to Second Floor.

sbrown
2007-12-13, 08:35 PM
Do you have color fills on? Or is the project far from 0,0,. Something changed in 2008 that causes this bacuase of a change they made to floors for color fills. Its a pain and no fix that I know of.

pjones.155766
2007-12-13, 08:40 PM
Do you have color fills on? Or is the project far from 0,0,. Something changed in 2008 that causes this bacuase of a change they made to floors for color fills. Its a pain and no fix that I know of.

I did move the project up from 0,0 to the base elevation of my survey.

wnolan
2007-12-14, 08:07 PM
I am having the same visibility depth issue. My situation is slightly different. I have a rvt file linked into a second file & I'm attempting to show a linked view. In the original file everything looks perfect in the view that I am attempting to link. The view that I am attempting to link has an auditorium with a sloped floor. Therefore, I have set the view depth below the current level. In the original file, everything is fine. However, when I link the file into the second file and choose "by linked view" in the visibilty graphics & the view that I wish to display, it is as if the floor has completely vanished from the model. I can see the walls, plumbing, everything below the floor... I have recreated the situation in a new file & everything works perfectly... Starting a new file at this point is not an option. It is as if something is corrupt in the file. The project is a 180,000 sf school & we cannot risk having another situation such as this in the future. If we can't find a solution, I will be exporting everything to CAD to complete the CDs...