PDA

View Full Version : Custom Grid Head

nrubens_99
2007-12-13, 09:12 PM
I have created a new grid head. Our office uses "face of wall" in some cases. I thought I would share this because I was looking for a way to propogate this text throught all of my floors without having to create "text", then copy and past to each level.

I use it in my floor plans by creating another instance of a grid line, changing the line style to dot, and making the line white. Once all of my grids are in place I add this were needed, it shows up wherever grids show up and saves me a lot of checking and updating.

How I did it, I created model text with black material exported it to dwg and imported it to the grid head.

Check it out, please let me know if there is a better way, in my opinioun this is a bit of a hack. More controls need to be added to the grids.

arqt49
2007-12-13, 10:11 PM
Text is made of autocad lines :S
You should start there!

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-12-14, 08:00 AM
So these grids get placed in the same location as 'regular' grids and just indicate that the grid references the face of the wall?
If that's the case I'd prefer to see a different graphic representation of the grid head rather than creating additional grids that you need to keep track of.