PDA

View Full Version : spiral stair issue....

ntnik
2007-12-13, 11:07 PM
as you can see.......the stair does not reach second floor........the properties are set correctly......is it a funtion of the radius of the stair?

dfriesen
2007-12-13, 11:21 PM
as you can see.......the stair does not reach second floor........the properties are set correctly......is it a funtion of the radius of the stair?
No, it's a limitation of Revit stairs - they cannot overlap on themselves. It looks like it would take more than one full revolution to get up to that height.

One way to resolve this is to make it in two separate stair objects - just make the first one go up to a height that works out to a tread height, then make another one that starts at that height and goes up to the second floor.

ntnik
2007-12-14, 01:04 PM
was hoping that was it....i'll run one half way and make a level for that heigth...then continue the stair from there.....thanks

dfriesen
2007-12-14, 05:05 PM
was hoping that was it....i'll run one half way and make a level for that heigth...then continue the stair from there.....thanks
I wouldn't bother making another Level - just set the Base Offset and Top Offsets based on an existing Level. I keep the number of Levels to a minimum.

robmorfin
2008-05-02, 06:35 PM
No, it's a limitation of Revit stairs - they cannot overlap on themselves. It looks like it would take more than one full revolution to get up to that height.

It is possible to overlap them.

See this post:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1023

Hope it helps..