PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Wall

ty_demo15
2007-12-14, 03:55 PM
I really need some help here. I've attached a picture of the foundation wall that I want to create. Could anyone give me some direction on how to creat this type of Foundation Wall?

Rhythmick
2007-12-14, 04:11 PM
For the brick ledge you can do a void wall sweep in the drawing or the wall editor. The footer can be done as a separate wall, a wall sweep or use the footer tool.

eddy.lermytte
2007-12-14, 05:27 PM
Project Browser > Families > Walls > Stacked walls

sbrown
2007-12-14, 07:04 PM
No, no, you don't need any void. you could do that, but revit lets you unlock the layers of the brick or stone wall ablove,then it goes down the height of the brick ledge, then the join geometry tool cuts it out. I did a class on this, if you send me a pm, I'll email you the pdf of the class.

Rhythmick
2007-12-14, 10:12 PM
No, no, you don't need any void. you could do that, but revit lets you unlock the layers of the brick or stone wall ablove,then it goes down the height of the brick ledge, then the join geometry tool cuts it out. I did a class on this, if you send me a pm, I'll email you the pdf of the class.
I'm assuming you would need the foundation in the same phase (or later phase) as the brick wall to do that! I typically phase my foundation separate. That comes from pre WYSIWYG control's.

aaronrumple
2007-12-14, 10:15 PM
I'm assuming you would need the foundation in the same phase (or later phase) as the brick wall to do that! I typically phase my foundation separate. That comes from pre WYSIWYG control's.

Separate phase for foundations!?! That's asking for touble.

Filters.

Rhythmick
2007-12-14, 10:23 PM
Separate phase for foundations!?! That's asking for touble.

Filters.
Phasing has worked great for me without issues - (one man band) I will try filters on the next project! Thanks