PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I delete certain curtain grid segments?

paradox5582
2007-12-14, 08:32 PM
Ive created a curtain wall from a mass, and then assigned a grid to it, but there are some segments id like to remove. I click the segment then add or remove segments and click the segment again, and nothing happens? what am I doing wrong?

dgreen.49364
2007-12-14, 11:48 PM
When you click on the mullion string you need to un-pin it. The you can modify it, delete segments and so on.

paradox5582
2007-12-17, 12:52 PM
I appreciate your reply, but even if I unpin it, and then click it and hit "remove segments" they dont go away...

dgreen.49364
2007-12-17, 05:32 PM
I've tried every which way to NOT get this to work, but it works every time. Not sure what the issue is. Is there any way you can post the file, or if it is a large file, post the portion you are having issues with?

d.stairmand
2007-12-19, 11:38 AM
Have you tried Swapping the un pinned panel with the "Empty" System Panel?

Dwane Stairmand

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-12-20, 07:42 AM
Can you upload the mass and the offending curtain wall?

adb
2007-12-25, 09:51 PM
I'm on a blackberry so I.ll keep it short.

If the curtain system has the grid layout hardcoded in the type parameters you will not be able to delete those grids. Any grids that are placed manually (by choosing "none" for the layout) will be able to be deleted.

Remember that it is possible to have manually placed and hard coded grid layouts in the same curtain system.

Hope this helps.

dhurtubise
2007-12-26, 10:41 PM
If the curtain system has the grid layout hardcoded in the type parameters you will not be able to delete those grids.

You can still delete those, but you need to unpin them first

adb
2007-12-28, 02:35 PM
Unpinning and making workset editable will work in most cases, however, there are some instances when even "unpinning" and "making workset editable" that you will not be able to delete the grid line. I have run into this myself so I know the original poster is not crazy.

I think this may happen when you create a curtain grid with the layout hardcoded, then manually add some grids to the system. You will get a message from Revit stating that you will have both manually placed grids and grids placed by the layout rules in your system.

I believe that this is the case when I was unable to delete the particular grids that were placed by the layout rules. When I changed the layout parameters to "none" and made the entire curtain system custom I was then able to delete the grids that were previously undeletable by other means.

Thanks.

CRThomas
2008-01-21, 05:23 PM
I've seen this recently (Revit Architecture 2008 ). I found when we tried to edit a curtain wall system in a 3D view it DID NOT work - same results that original post mentioned. But when we tried it in an elevation view, IT WORKED!

I know, I know ... I've done this a million times before in 3D views, but for some reason, today it works differently. :cry:

Try it ... what do you have to lose?

Craig

JB27
2019-01-17, 09:51 PM
Had this problem 11 years after the last post, in Revit 2019. The solution here still works--once I set the type parameter for vertical spacing to "none" I was able to delete the unused grids.

jbernier373584
2021-08-16, 04:25 PM
I was able to overcome this same problem by changing the Vertical and Horizontal Grid layouts to "None" in the type properties... I was afraid this was going to delete the custom grid layout I had created, but it didn't. Now when I select the grid line to remove a segment, Revit cautioned me about deleting a grid line... but it appears that the "system" grid lines that are made by determining vert/horiz divisions initially made duplicate grid lines (or maybe somehow I did when I customized it?) and that seems to by why I couldn't remove the segments before. Deleting the duplicate grid line then allowed me to fully access the segments. Hope it works for you!