PDA

View Full Version : Laser Mouse LX8 by Logic tech

markwise
2007-12-17, 07:34 AM
Hi,

I am having trouble using my mouse. It takes several moves of the mouse before I am on the spot I want. Like plus and minus 2-3mm. I have tried slow and fast settings.

Do you Guys recommend a good mouse for Autocad?

I have a summa graphics tablet and thinking I should go back to using that as that was so good and fast.

jmctamney
2007-12-17, 02:03 PM
I am using a Logitech MX1000 laser mouse. It is way more sensitive than an optical mouse so you need to make sure your mouse pad doesn't have any areas of stark contrast. I tried mine on one for a while and it seems to jump around whenever it would hit one the contrasting areas. Using it directly on my desk has worked the best since it is all one color. Don't know if this will help your situation, it's just my 2 cents worth on laser meeses.

dgorsman
2007-12-17, 07:38 PM
If you can get your hands on an MX1000, they are one of the best mice I have run across for CAD work. Just stay away from the wireless keyboard it is sometimes packaged with.

Currently I am using a G7, and its working quite well also - the hot-swap battery packs are a nice touch to avoid lost work.

For your current mouse, get a good monochrome mouse pad. Mousepads with contrasting patterns, or desktops with patterns can cause problems. And listening to that scrape-scrape-scrape all day long will drive your cube-mates barmy.

If you have SetPoint installed, check the settings for autosnap and the like. It may take some fiddling to get things where they should be, just follow the standard minor adjustment-test-minor adjustment-test procedure.

jmctamney
2007-12-17, 07:50 PM
If you can get your hands on an MX1000, they are one of the best mice I have run across for CAD work. Just stay away from the wireless keyboard it is sometimes packaged with.

I've had a problem with the buttons wearing out and randomly double clicking. I'm on my second one in 3 years and I don't think I'll be getting another one.

And listening to that scrape-scrape-scrape all day long will drive your cube-mates barmy.

Mine hardly makes a sound when used directly on the desk. The 'feet' do have a tendancy to get gummed up though. A few quick slides back and forth across a piece of paper and your as good as new. I used the desk because it didn't seem to slide as freely on my cloth mousepad and since this is such a heavy mouse, the less friction the better.