PDA

View Full Version : Phase display in linked revit file

lmarkey73498
2004-08-20, 07:48 PM
Is there any way to control/access the phase properties of a linked Revit file? I've brought in a building that I want to show as existing but it will only display as new construction, regardless of the view properties of the main file.

aggockel50321
2004-08-20, 08:03 PM
Go to View / Visibility/Graphics, click on the Linked RVT categories tab, then the "automatic" radio button under the display settings column, & change the phase & phase filter to what you want.

jkendsersky
2004-08-20, 08:07 PM
Go to the visibility/graphics settings for the view, in the linked rvt categories tab there is a display setting columns that allows you to change the phase, filter and view range for the linked revit files.

lmarkey73498
2004-08-20, 08:39 PM
I have now set the phase & phase filter in the View Properties to the appropriate settings. This doesn't seem to have any effect on the visibility. The linked Revit file seems unaffected by the change in settings. Are there any other settings that might be affecting the visibility of the linked file?

sfaust
2004-08-20, 09:53 PM
were you in view properties or visibility/graphics? Linked files will not be affected by the settings in the view properties. visibility/graphics will have a tab called "linked revit files" - that is where you change the phase settings for linked files, is this where you were?

p.s. hello and welcome :)

lmarkey73498
2004-08-23, 01:58 PM
I think I was in View Properties.