PDA

View Full Version : moved model up to match topography

ntnik
2007-12-17, 11:49 PM
i selected the model in 3-d...selected column grids and levels in section.....moved the model up to my finished floor heigth.....all of the level heigths changed accordingly...thought i was off to the races then noticed all of my plans had vanished.....do i have to creat new plan views ?....had already set up sheets with architectural, structure and mechanical.....any ideas? Can i make that move and still keep all my plans ("all" are selected in view properties)

i have tried it again in the few moments that have passed since i made this post. The views did not vanish this time......i do seem to need to change all of the view ranges.....is this a natural step in this process....?

dgreen.49364
2007-12-18, 12:54 AM
There is a much cleaner way to deal with this. Say your main level started at 0'-0" and you need it to be 100'-0". Go to an elevation. From the pulldown Tools, select Shared Coordinates, Specify Coordinates at a Point. Select your main level, level. IN the elevation box change the number to 100'-0". Close the box. Select the main level again, right click, Element Properties. Go to Edit/New and change the Elevation base from Project to Shared. Your entire project will be set the way it should without messing around with trying to clean up after manually moving it.

ntnik
2007-12-18, 02:18 PM
that worked well, in a way....the model stayed together, relationships within the model were all maintained..... but there seemed to be no "actual" movement in the model as it relates to the site. the 100' distance between the two is still maintained....so, i took the topography and moved it down 100', everything seems fine now. Correct.?

Phil Read
2007-12-19, 03:14 AM
You don't want to move the model. You want to move the space - which is what specifying the coordinates does. You may want to move the model back. If you select the topo elevation markers and change to Shared - they'll reflect the relative coordinate.

Or better yet - keep the topo and the building in separate files and link building to topo.

-Phil