PDA

View Full Version : trying to grade existing topo....instead creating pyramids

ntnik
2007-12-18, 03:58 PM
i changed to shared coordinates on the model to raise building to the appropriate heigth.... i moved the toposurface down to the model and was begining grading.... i was editing my toposurface ( i have done rough grading before) to level out the building pad...... again the toposurface was moved down,.... my new spot elevations that i am adding are slightly below my buiding model finished floor and instead they seem to be reaching to the previous heights of the toposurface......any suggestions?

another question....i find it helpful when people use the "screen capture"....how do you do that?

ijnicholas
2007-12-19, 05:59 PM
screen capture:
1. press printscrn button in keyboard.
2. Open any image editing program (paintbrush,etc.) or even word / powerpoint will do
3. paste it. (cntrl V or goto edit menu and select paste)
hth

Revitator
2007-12-21, 12:53 PM
So the elevation values you're entering to create extra points in the toposurface aren't in the same coordinate system as the existing points in the topo.

Check the elevation values of some of the existing points: do they read correctly?

We tend to keep model and building in separate files, leaving the toposurface at the 'proper' height and the building at FFL=0.0. Then we link the files together (and use shared coordinates) to place the building on the site.