PDA

View Full Version : Excel

jmagarolas962356
2007-12-18, 09:36 PM
I'm running AutoCAD 2007 w/SP2. When I copy paste and excel file into the model space of a drawings, the grips disappear. You can no longer select the spread sheet or do anything with it?

charlie.bauer341340
2007-12-19, 01:08 PM
I'm running AutoCAD 2007 w/SP2. When I copy paste and excel file into the model space of a drawings, the grips disappear. You can no longer select the spread sheet or do anything with it?

Do you have your frames turned on?

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-12-19, 09:29 PM

Did you paste as an AutoCAD entity?

michael.12445
2007-12-20, 01:06 AM
I have seen this happen, even though frames are turned on. I remember looking this up on autodesk.com, and their description was that the OLE object was "broken," and had to be deleted and re-attached. (They gave a method for deleting it without being able to select it, but I don't remember what it was.)

Generally speaking, we try to avoid Excel charts and Word documents in our DWG files, because the OLE mechanism as implemented in AutoCAD is a pile of junk.

Michael Evans
Togawa Smith Martin Residential, Inc.