PDA

View Full Version : Stair railing baluster - every set of 3 same length

abink
2007-12-18, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I can't find a post on this: I've made a railing using the default one, adding a bottom rail. Horizontally it works fine, once I use it on stairs, the balusters' lower ends don't all stop at the rail. [see pic]

My colleague at the office next door has the same problem, we can't figure it out, so any help on that?

Thanks,
Axel

ws
2008-01-13, 12:17 PM
Just came across your post while looking for something else...as you do ;)

You may have worked it out already, but it looks as though you may need to move the railing in plan to outside of the edge of the stair - beyond the line of the edge of the stairs proper the bottom of the balusters will follow the stringer line when set to 'host' but inside the stair edge boundary the balusters will follow the line of the treads.

There is a 'flipper' double arrow when you highlight the railing which usually switches between the two modes unless an offset has been introduced in the railing properties.

Hope that is some help anyway.

patricks
2008-01-14, 01:17 PM
Actually he just needs to change the Base setting for each baluster to be the bottom rail in the rail structure, instead of Host. Then it should work correctly no matter where it is placed.