PDA

View Full Version : Autosave prompt and crashing

tect75
2007-12-21, 04:30 PM
Using the latest and greatest revit Architecture 2008. When the autosave prompt comes up no matter which option i choose (dismiss or save) it propmts a fatal error. I get the prompt to save as and exit but when i click on that revit immediately terminates and closes. No save. Happened twice already and getting annoying. Any thoughts.

edit: it seems that no matter whether it is autosave or just a regular user issued save command that it crashes

edit #2: only seems to happen with one particular job file. Other job files seem to open and save fine.

Steve_Stafford
2007-12-21, 04:48 PM
Try to open the file (worksets, use Detach from Central) and use Audit. See if it is more stable after that. I'd start a support request in the meantime to send them the project file.

tect75
2007-12-21, 05:04 PM
thanks steve,

i did the audit. didnt help. I dont think there is a need to detach from central as i dont think there is a central file setup. there is only the one drawing file.....we dont usually have more than on user working on a job at once. (small residential firm) Of course my knowledge of the central file setup is sketchy at best.

mruehr
2007-12-22, 03:45 AM
Maybe Importing the file into a new Project as a group and then
Un-group will do the trick.

narlee
2008-01-19, 07:48 PM
I understand that AutoCAD can be set to auto-save without the reminder box giving you a choice (thus you don't foolishly NOT save/then crash!...or in my case foolishly:^)).

I have not seen that feature with Revit. Has anyone else?

Dean Camlin
2008-01-19, 08:59 PM
Revit's never had an autosave feature.