PDA

View Full Version : Door Tags

br0nc0s_fan_77
2007-12-26, 03:15 PM
My firms primarily designs educational facilities and are mostly one floor (level). The door count at times reaches 100+ but thru multiple buildings (divisions). Is there any way to add a prefix to the door tag to show what building specific doors are in. Also when there are multiple doors in a single room the the sufix A, B, C.....etc is not working, all door tags are showing up with the A. Does that have to be changed manually?

I am using ACA 2008

david_peterson
2007-12-26, 04:02 PM
First off, Welcome to Augi!
I do believe that the suffix needs to be added manually via x-data. I know it's possible because I've seen it done, but I can't remember the exact process right now.

dkoch
2007-12-26, 06:17 PM
My firms primarily designs educational facilities and are mostly one floor (level). The door count at times reaches 100+ but thru multiple buildings (divisions). Is there any way to add a prefix to the door tag to show what building specific doors are in. Also when there are multiple doors in a single room the the sufix A, B, C.....etc is not working, all door tags are showing up with the A. Does that have to be changed manually?

I am using ACA 2008

If you are using Project Navigator and set up Divisions that have their ID set to be the prefix you want to use, you can add a Project property that is set to the Division ID automatic property source, then either display that in your tag, or add that prefix in the Formula property that creates the door number.

The DoorObjects:NumberSuffix property is a Manual property, with a default value of "A". You will need to manually set that to "B", "C", etc, for rooms that have more than one door opening. The reason this is not set to be an Auto Increment - Character type of Manual Property is that the auto increment feature applies to the entire drawing file, not to specific rooms, so it would not automatically reset to "A" for the first door in a given room.

br0nc0s_fan_77
2007-12-26, 07:32 PM
If you are using Project Navigator and set up Divisions that have their ID set to be the prefix you want to use, you can add a Project property that is set to the Division ID automatic property source, then either display that in your tag, or add that prefix in the Formula property that creates the door number.

The DoorObjects:NumberSuffix property is a Manual property, with a default value of "A". You will need to manually set that to "B", "C", etc, for rooms that have more than one door opening. The reason this is not set to be an Auto Increment - Character type of Manual Property is that the auto increment feature applies to the entire drawing file, not to specific rooms, so it would not automatically reset to "A" for the first door in a given room.

I am using PN wth thier IDs set. I figured that would be the way but I have not figured out how/location of the Project property/Division ID automatic property source and where to use that information once I get it. Can you point me in the right direction?I apprecaite your help with this. Thank you.

dkoch
2007-12-28, 02:54 AM
I am using PN wth thier IDs set. I figured that would be the way but I have not figured out how/location of the Project property/Division ID automatic property source and where to use that information once I get it. Can you point me in the right direction?I apprecaite your help with this. Thank you.
In the attached ZIP file, I have an entire, small test project with two multi-floor buildings; each building is a separate division. I made all of my edits in the out-of-the-box Property Set Definitions, although I probably would not do that for a real project.

The first thing you would need to do is add a Project property to make the Division ID source available. Assuming that you want to incorporate this into both your room numbers and your door numbers, I added a property called Division to the SpaceObjects Property Set Definition. Then I changed the NumberProjectBased Formula property to have it incorporate the new Division property, as a prefix. I am not a fan of implied concatenation, so my new formula looks like this:

"[Division]" & "-" & "[Level]" & "[Increment]"

You may not want to separate the division from the rest with a hyphen, in which case

"[Division]" & "[Level]" & "[Increment]"

would work for you.

Having added the Division to the SpaceObjects:NumberProjectBased property, it will also appear in the DoorObjects:NumberProjectBased property, as any of the floor plan View files or the door schedule Sheet file will show.

br0nc0s_fan_77
2007-12-28, 02:03 PM
David,
That will work. I apprecaite your help. Thank you