PDA

View Full Version : length of multiple elements

ErichB
2007-12-26, 08:30 PM
I am curious, why is it that if I select one detail, model line or even a wall it will tell me the length but as soon as I select 2 of the elements, Revit will not give me the total length of the combined elements?

It would be nice for some quick perimeter checks, length of crown moulding, etc.

dhurtubise
2007-12-26, 10:32 PM
Theres something call schedule for that :-)

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-12-27, 06:58 PM
As long as the elements in question are straight you can use the tape measure tool to keep a running total of lines drawn. Not exactly what you are after but it works.

Gadget Man
2007-12-28, 12:24 AM
Theres something call schedule for that :-)

Unfortunately REVIT is lacking many of these little and simple time savers like reporting the total number of elements selected, their total length, area, volume, etc.

Of course we have schedules, but they require several additional steps. It takes time. Often you don't need to print these values, just quickly look at them for your own reference.

It is so obvious to me that program like REVIT should have them that I constantly catch myself automatically looking for them around the screen.

Small shortcomings like that separate a very good program from the great, brilliant one... A pity.

By the way, I can't find a spellchecker anywhere within this Forum anymore. Is it just me or somebody decided that we are so good at spelling?

bclarch
2007-12-28, 03:01 PM
By the way, I can't find a spellchecker anywhere within this Forum anymore. Is it just me or somebody decided that we are so good at spelling?
The spellchecker was removed as part of ther last forum redesign.