PDA

View Full Version : Zoning Data schedule

Wagurto
2004-08-22, 03:56 AM
I need to schedule an area base on my lot size, I need the schedule to report lot area, the building area, the green area and the impervious area, then a few simple calculation to determine the maximun require by the zoning code against the proposed in my project in percentange. I used to do that wiht adt and excel pretty well, but I don't not if I will be able to do something similar with revit, I know revit is quite powerfull with schedules but the tutorial are not that specific. I will appreciated any help from you guys.

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-22, 05:19 AM
I made this some time ago. It is an annotation symbol with parameters. You import the file and then place it with the SYMBOL command under the DRAFTING tab. You can click directly on the XX fields to enter data or enter data in the properties of the symbol. It is not an automatic schedule at all, just data entry...but you can certainly get much of your information from the various parts of your model. Take a look at it and see if the concept makes sense for you and tweak it as you see fit.

Wagurto
2004-08-22, 01:36 PM
Thanks Steve it certainly helps, but I just starting to understand that not all in Revit could be automatically done or it really takes a lot of training or a lot of effort. Thanks anyway!

frame
2004-08-23, 01:22 PM
You can get accurate area numbers in the form of a schedule using property lines (in site tools).
Each property line can be given a name, and its area reported in a schedule. You could then use the area numbers from the schdule to fill in something like Steve posted.

Scott D Davis
2004-08-23, 03:45 PM
Thanks Steve it certainly helps, but I just starting to understand that not all in Revit could be automatically done or it really takes a lot of training or a lot of effort. Thanks anyway!
Yeah, you still have to actually think....sometimes.....;-)