PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Window/Storefront Schedule???

jordannw
2007-12-27, 10:52 PM
Ok. I know storefronts are not windows, but I need to create a window/storefront schedule. I tried using multi-category tags on the windows and storefronts to populate a schedule but it definitely did not work!! Is there any way I can create a schedule that includes storefronts and windows with their respective marks as a way to order the schedule. Thanks a lot to those who reply!!!

cphubb
2007-12-28, 12:15 AM
You can replace your Panels with a Curtain Window Panel and it will schedule as a window. Should be quick to make if the panel is simple. Start with the Curtain Wall Window template.

ejc
2007-12-28, 12:28 AM
The great controversy continues! Is it a “Window”, or is it “Store Front / Curtain Wall”?

With Revit, it is what it is. Windows can be shown with a “Window schedule”, and Curtain Walls with a modified “Wall Schedule”.

What we have done is also create “Panel Schedule”.

See attached image. (note the terms Store Front and Curtain Wall are both Curtain Wall in Revit)

Currently, I create an individual “Wall Type” for each “Type” of Curtain Wall configuration (S-6, S-7, etc.) with the matching “Type Mark”. Customize the Wall schedule, {whamo} you have a Curtain wall schedule. Also, create a wall tag that looks different and tag the suckers on a miniature set of exterior elevations.

The panel schedule: After getting burned, management decided I could spend time on customizing our Curtain Wall “Panels”. (Type Mark, descriptions, Fire Ratings, etc.)

The trick to tagging your panels is to select a panel and a tag, then use the “eyeglasses” to isolate. Then you can tag like crazy. Otherwise it sucks! (CLICK-TAB-CLICK-TAB-CLICK…MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!).

Windows:

9 out of 10 times I just show an elevation for each window type. But window schedules are easy if you need one.

Happy New Year,

ejc