PDA

View Full Version : DELETING REVISIONS ------- HELP!!!!

jarod.tulanowski
2007-12-28, 01:39 PM
Is there a way of deleting revisions from a set. (see image attached) we get these files from a prototype designer and we site adapt it. the problem is that they used the revisions for a prototype revision and not a site adapt revision. I know I can modify the date and the description. but can you get rid of the ones in there and start over with a blank slate???

Thanks in advance for the help

aaronrumple
2007-12-28, 02:53 PM
You can't get rid of the revisions, but you can colapse them into one revision. To do that you need to fist uncheck issue. An issued revision cannot be modified. Once they are editable you can merge them all into revision 1.

ejc
2007-12-28, 03:27 PM
How does this affect creating a template from an existing project?

ejc

jarod.tulanowski
2007-12-28, 03:46 PM
Thanks aaron :lol: that got me to 50 percent of the issue. is there a quick way to get rid of the clouds on all the sheets after the revisions have been grouped

aaronrumple
2007-12-28, 04:01 PM
Right click on one of them, select all instances, and press delete key?

Bada-Bing Bada-Boom...

jarod.tulanowski
2007-12-28, 05:17 PM
Hmmm It seems to be greyed out

aaronrumple
2007-12-28, 05:30 PM
...ah that's right. I think this was changed somewhere down the road. (..trying to remember my versions.) I think you used to be able to do a select all on linework, but that is not now possible. This applies to model lines, symbolic lines, revision lines and even insulation.

You can hide the clouds and tags globally, but I don't think that's what you're after. So it would be a view-by-view process.

rwelfringer
2007-12-28, 06:36 PM
make a temporary view of the sheet, set up a filter to display only the clouds, and delete them. Then make a view template to apply to the other temporary views.

aaronrumple
2007-12-28, 08:48 PM
make a temporary view of the sheet, set up a filter to display only the clouds, and delete them. Then make a view template to apply to the other temporary views.

Way too complex. Just window everything and use the filter button. But still each view needs to be done.

3dway
2008-07-21, 07:53 PM
I'm having a problem with deleting a revision too.

I'm making a custom titleblock and I'vve been loading the sheet into our pilot project to test the titleblock feilds. Now I have a garbage revision that I have to display no matter what that is somehow embedded in the project? I can see some kind of administrator or CAD manager level of control to prevent deleting revisions in an office, but this is a bit stringent isn't it.

Can I get rid of this junk revision entry?