PDA

View Full Version : surface pattern metal roof @ corner

ntnik
2007-12-28, 05:46 PM
please review attachment. the rrof that wraps the corner is a canopy above an exterior balcony....the pattern is correct at the upsheet direction (north)....i need to rotate the west roof 90 degrees. I have actualy tried to do the roof in two seperate pieces and have each piece have a different orientation....that doesnt seem to work ( i may not understand something about the relationship of the shape and the direction of the surface patern)

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-12-28, 07:50 PM
You will need to create te roof as two separate pieces. The important thing to remeber is that the surface pattern for your roof material needs to be a model pattern not a drafting pattern. You can then tab select to pick a single line element of the pattern and then rotate it to the correct angle.

aaronrumple
2007-12-28, 08:57 PM
You will need to create te roof as two separate pieces.

It doesn't have to be two separate pieces. Model hatch patterns can be rotated and moved per face of any given 3D object.

However, sometimes if you dramatically edit the shape, the hatch will reset itself and you will have to readjust it.

Making it a model pattern is the key....

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-12-28, 10:42 PM
It doesn't have to be two separate pieces. Model hatch patterns can be rotated and moved per face of any given 3D object.

I stand corrected. Thanks Aaron

ntnik
2007-12-29, 07:52 PM
yea, suspected drafting / model issue....thanks again for the help guys