PDA

View Full Version : footing...how to make lines dashed?

ntnik
2008-01-02, 06:44 PM
footing is a foundation slab....i want to show the perimeter of footing and spot footings as a dashed line (under my slab) i went to object styles> structural foundations.....changing linetype here doesnt seem to have an affect.....any suggestions?

i can think of a work around but i would rather be able to just show it without tracing over it

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-02, 06:49 PM
If i think about it quickly there are a couple ways to do it.

1. line work tool - dashed lines on all that you want to show dashed
2. filter - filter by parameter to get all specific components to show specific linework
3. override graphics for catagory - all components under that category will have the same linework

hope i understand your question.

Justin

rjcrowther
2008-01-03, 03:00 AM
Do not have Revit in front of me......can't you set the lowest view depth setting (cut depth, then lower view depth, then the one below that) to be under the floor level. The lintype for the elements below the view depth is then the beyond (or something similar) line type.....I think??

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-03, 03:32 PM
i think this might work but it would depend on how you set up your levels and how the footings are related to those levels. you would also need to override the <beyond> style to hidden in that view.

A viable soltuion none the less

Justin

dhurtubise
2008-01-03, 04:16 PM
Just use what i call a composite view.
Duplicate the existing, turn off everyting except the foundation walls.
Change the display through Visibility/Grapchis
Put on a sheet, turn off the title and change the number to 99
Put the other view right on top the will align

Carlos GT
2008-01-03, 04:35 PM
Excuse me "dhurtubise". Why do you have to change the name to 99?. Actually I tried this method before, I mean trying to use one view on top of another, like layers. What I actually was trying to do was put a drawing wiew (created in cad) over a roof plan (created in revit) but when I put these two, the two names appear (the view name title and the roof plan title) and what I want only to show up was the roof title, so I could not figure how delete only one of them.

So how this number 99 works in the title name?

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-03, 04:45 PM
you just need to make a view type with no title mark. the 99 is so that if you place other views on the sheet the will number 2,3,4,5 and not be affected by the "dummy" view. I also pin the 2 views so that 1 is not accidentally bumped off the other.

I use this method a lot, but i think in this case it might be a bit of over kill considering there are ways of doing this without dummy views. Dummy views are great but they become more views to manage.

Justin

dhurtubise
2008-01-03, 04:51 PM
Excuse me "dhurtubise". Why do you have to change the name to 99?. Actually I tried this method before, I mean trying to use one view on top of another, like layers. What I actually was trying to do was put a drawing wiew (created in cad) over a roof plan (created in revit) but when I put these two, the two names appear (the view name title and the roof plan title) and what I want only to show up was the roof title, so I could not figure how delete only one of them.

So how this number 99 works in the title name?

You need a second viewport type that doesnt show the title. Its a check box under Properties.

bclarch
2008-01-03, 05:29 PM
If you just want the footing to show through the slab you could use the "show hidden lines" tool. It is next to the linework tool on the toolbar.

ggriffin
2008-01-25, 02:34 AM
I just this somewhere but have not tried it...change 'Discipline' in 'Element Prop' of view from Arch to Struct.