PDA

View Full Version : exist wall fill color

kshawks
2004-08-23, 01:50 PM
We are doing an addition to a existing structure, and I have drawn in the existing building and told it the walls are existing. The problem is they are all solid black. I have tried changing the filled region to white but no good. What is the best way to show the existing walls with just 2 lines and no fill?

PeterJ
2004-08-23, 02:54 PM
There are a variety of issues that may be affecting you here:

1: You are in a coarse view, select View> View Properties and you will see towards the top of the dialog a note on detail level, with coarse views the view will be shown with a filled 'poche' typically. To overcome this either change the detail level, which may change other things in the view, such as display of door frames and so on, or use the wall type editor to change the coarse view appearance to something that suits your needs, say solid fill in white.

2: You are in a 'new build' phase and the existing walls show solid as the phase settings are set this way. Alter the phase settings, including if necessary the phase material definitions.

3: Somehow you have over-ridden the defaults for the view to make the wall appear solid. Try View>Visibility Graphics and look at how walls are set up to show

My money is on one or other of the first two. It should take you less time to resolve than it has to read this note.

kshawks
2004-08-23, 03:04 PM
thanks peter i will give them a try.

kshawks
2004-08-23, 03:43 PM
Peter:

Just to let you know option 2 took care of the problem. Man I learn something new everyday with this program, I still like it. You were right it took longer to read it than to fix it.

sean