PDA

View Full Version : Room schedule with wall finish

Wagurto
2008-01-03, 01:58 PM
Is it possible to have a schedule of all the wall on a room listed as north, south, east and west wall? Could Revit recognize such wall according its orientation?

aaronrumple
2008-01-03, 02:11 PM
Nope. Revit doesn't associate physical walls with the room schedule. There is no way to get the actual finish from the model into the room schedule.

Tom Phillips
2008-01-04, 03:25 PM
Then how do other Revit users get around this? Currently we use this method in ADT. Schedules are a BIG deal in our design build firm. In looking to move towards Revit in the near future, I need to be able to make the plans from my department to appear as if there was no software change. I know this may not be 100% possible, but I am striving to reach this.

NKramer
2008-01-04, 03:35 PM
We just end up adding dummy parameters to the schedules. You can add/ remove parameters so tat your Revit schedule looks the same as your Cad one.

Nick

aargumaniz
2008-01-16, 10:37 PM
We have a finish schedule that will list all the finishes of a room; floor, base, wainscot, walls finishes designated A, B,C, D walls and ceiling finishes. You could change the wall designation to N, E, S, W if that is how your firm works.
The schedule gathers all the finish information from the Room boundary not from the actual wall.

jjohnson.156630
2008-01-17, 01:52 AM
We create all the parameters within the room definition ie. N - Base, S - Base, E - Base, W - Base, N - Wall, etc.

You can right click on the room definition to add the appropriate color code or add it in the schedule.

Check out schedule keys if you have multiple like rooms.

JJ

DzineN
2013-03-29, 10:30 PM
Just as JJohnson has pointed out. Remember that the schedule reads the room, not the tag. First start out by adding Project Parameters for Finish North, Finish South, Finish East, Finish West (NOTE: You can do this same thing for the baseboard as well.) Associate the parameters with the Room. I've attached an image below.
Once the parameters are associated with the room, you can add them to the schedule, and group them as shown in the image.
Good Luck.

evan566092
2015-04-20, 03:02 PM
This is a little off topic and about 2 years late, but I am trying to figure out how the finishes were grouped in the schedule under the walls as shown in the image in the previous post. I have no found anything that can show me how to group these in this way. Can you tell me?

jsteinhauer
2015-04-20, 05:12 PM
Hello Evan,

Welcome to AUGI. So in the Schedule view, select the columns you're looking to Group. In the Modify Schedule/Quantities Tab, select Group from the Titles & Headers area.

Hope this helps,
Jeff S.