PDA

View Full Version : Tag Numbering

guitarchitect7
2008-01-03, 07:42 PM
I have read a few posts concerning the naming/numbering of component tags (windows, doors,etc.) and have seen that a lot of the custom elements need to be done manually. I'm hoping this isn't the case with mine, but it could be.

I just want the door numbers to start at 100. So the first door would be 101. When puttinga door in, currently it starts at '1', is there a way to change this as I'm not seeing anything within the family to allow me to do this.

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-03, 08:02 PM
all you have to do is place 1 door and then number it 100. after that all other door will follow numerically after 100.

Justin

NKramer
2008-01-03, 08:05 PM
Not that I know of, but if you place one door and change it's number to 100 then the rest of the doors will follow with 101, 102, etc. The same is true if you "number" the first door A, 200, 1000, etc.

HTH
Nick

guitarchitect7
2008-01-03, 08:20 PM
Thanks guys. I was aware about placing the first door, but was looking for a preset which I didn't think existed but thought I would ask.

greg.mcdowell
2008-01-03, 08:23 PM
make the change in your template and it'll carry forward into new drawings

dhurtubise
2008-01-03, 08:30 PM
Avatech released some free plugin to help you with that

guitarchitect7
2008-01-03, 08:50 PM
Is this the web page your refering to for the plug-in?

http://www.avat.com/products/software/avatech/revitutilities/index.asp

A side question too if I will. If I create a custom Door, Window, Room Tags, I know I can load these into the project using Settings>Annotation>Load Tags, but this seems tedious for every custon thing a company creates. Can you link this to a Template that if another user opens for the FIRST time, they have all the necessary custom info, or is this a case where you have to setup each computer by referencing the appropriate tags like stated above?

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-03, 08:56 PM
that is the point of the template. You load all your custom info + setting in the template then when ever you start a new project it loads the template with your settings. If you have already started a job and are creating content as you go, you need to manually add it to the legacy project.

Justin

dhurtubise
2008-01-03, 08:56 PM
Just load them into your company template. They will then always be available all the time.
Link doesnt work and i cant find the page back but i have the plugin here so if you want them, message me

guitarchitect7
2008-01-03, 08:58 PM
Just making sure! Thanks!

guitarchitect7
2008-01-03, 09:12 PM
Alright, so I change the number of my Door to 101 in my template, and then delete it and save it down. Now if I reopen my template to edit and put in a new door, all is well, but if I use my template to start a new project, it starts at '1'. Did I miss something?