PDA

View Full Version : Not hiding lines with HIDE

teldridge
2008-01-04, 01:43 PM
We have 3D solids (piping) with centerlines internal to the solids. We prefer to display when plotting with DISPSILH=1 and vports SHADEPLOT set to Hidden. This works perfectly for everything we want to do except that the centerlines are hidden.

Is there a setting or way to have a "always plot" layer, sort of the inverse of the non-plot layer, which disreagrds HIDE and would be displayed regardless of shademode, etc?

Arben.Allaraj
2008-01-05, 02:14 PM
We have 3D solids (piping) with centerlines internal to the solids. We prefer to display when plotting with DISPSILH=1 and vports SHADEPLOT set to Hidden. This works perfectly for everything we want to do except that the centerlines are hidden.

Is there a setting or way to have a "always plot" layer, sort of the inverse of the non-plot layer, which disreagrds HIDE and would be displayed regardless of shademode, etc?

Try to use this command variable VSOBSCUREDLTYPE
If you desire to create a non plot layer you can make non plot to the layers settings.

fbtownes
2008-12-01, 08:37 PM

Fordyce Townes,
I have the same problem with the hide command not plotting the centerline. I have tryed all setting from dispsilh to vsobscuredltype. At one point using 20007 aurocad I had the centerline plotting with the hide command. We are now on 2009, and using cadworx 2009 and I just can't get it to work. Is there anyone that has solve this problem. If so please let me know.

jaberwok
2008-12-01, 09:14 PM
AFAIK, the ONLY entity type that can be made to ignore the Hide command is text.

fbtownes
2008-12-02, 06:49 PM
After searching for a answer to my problem I have found out that work done in autocad 2007 with cadworx 2008 did plot the centerline of a pipe and hide the fitting as needed. We change over to autocad 2009 and cadworx 2009 this is when the problem started. I have sense went back to autocad 2007 and plotted the drawing created with that version and was able to get the desired drawing we were trying to produce. So to make a long story short. It work in 2007 but not in 2009. This is a problen that Autocad & Cadworx need to come together and find a solution for In the mean time I will go back to 2007 to make my drawing.

Fordyce B. Townes II
autocad user sense version 1

jaberwok
2008-12-03, 01:30 PM
After searching for a answer to my problem I have found out that work done in autocad 2007 with cadworx 2008 did plot the centerline of a pipe and hide the fitting as needed. We change over to autocad 2009 and cadworx 2009 this is when the problem started. I have sense went back to autocad 2007 and plotted the drawing created with that version and was able to get the desired drawing we were trying to produce. So to make a long story short. It work in 2007 but not in 2009. This is a problen that Autocad & Cadworx need to come together and find a solution for In the mean time I will go back to 2007 to make my drawing.

Fordyce B. Townes II
autocad user sense version 1

I'd guess that you need to talk to the publisher of Cadworx then.
AFAIK, no version of acad alone will plot the lines as you describe.