PDA

View Full Version : Rotate direction on RCP

Wagurto
2008-01-04, 06:53 PM
how can I rotate the direction of the 2x4 acoustic ceiling tile after the layout is in place?
thanks

patricks
2008-01-04, 06:56 PM
Select one of the grid lines in the surface pattern (use the Tab key if you need to), and then rotate it 90 degrees or whatever direction you need it.

Keep in mind that any lights in the ceiling will move with the grid, which sometimes makes a few lights land outside the ceiling.

Wagurto
2008-01-04, 11:05 PM
Thanls Patrick, one more question do you know how to get the room tags name on the RCP?
thanks again

Mr Spot
2008-01-07, 03:42 AM
I typically use a combination of tags, A room tag (setup to display the name) and a ceiling tag to show the ceiling type and height above floor level...

Wagurto
2008-01-07, 01:53 PM
Mr spot, you're talking about the same room tag used in the floor plans? or you place a new room tag in the ceiling. If it is the same how do you do to make visible on the ceiling plan?
thanks

cphubb
2008-01-07, 03:57 PM
You can re-tag the room in the ceiling plan. It should work if your room is high enough to intersect the cut plane.

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-07, 05:25 PM
i like to do a mass select in the floor plan view, then filter the room names. copy paste into rcp. saves a bunch of tagging

Justin

Mr Spot
2008-01-09, 05:32 AM
Mr spot, you're talking about the same room tag used in the floor plans? or you place a new room tag in the ceiling. If it is the same how do you do to make visible on the ceiling plan?
thanks
Yes you can tag an element any number of times in numerous views... As long as rooms and room tags are turned on in your ceiling plan then the room tags should display.