PDA

View Full Version : Undo Split Face

Neil Osher
2008-01-07, 06:00 PM
So I've searched through the Revit sub-forum and have come up with no solutions. I also looked through Revit Help. How do you "undo" a Split Face command? No, you can't tell me to use Ctrl+Z, its beyond that stage. For those not familiar, its the button next to the Paint Bucket.

Essentially I split part of the underside of a roof. Painted one section with T&G boards and the other remained GYP. I could re-sketch the roof, but then why would I want to do that???

Thanks.

----------------
Neil Osher

cphubb
2008-01-07, 06:10 PM
You need to select the split face and hit the delete key. Should remove it.

aaronrumple
2008-01-07, 06:13 PM
...in some instances you may also need to re-paint the surface to <By Category> as the paint will have leaked onto the rest of the surface.

Neil Osher
2008-01-07, 06:25 PM
Thanks Chris. I was actually having difficulties selecting the split face element. Maybe an error in the roof? I recreated a simple roof in a blank project and split it. I was able to select the split and delete it as you suggested. It must have been something crazy in the way I sketched it. I knew it had to be as simple as selecting it and deleting it.

And thanks Aaron, I will keep that in mind.

--------------------
Neil Osher

cphubb
2008-01-07, 06:36 PM
Neil,

Try usign the TAB key to select the split face. I have had similar problems as well in the past.

Neil Osher
2008-01-07, 06:36 PM
Ok, so I went back and dug a little further. In order to clearly see what I was doing I had isolated the roof in question in reflected ceiling view. I neglected to also capture the actual split face element when "Isolate element". This makes it VERY difficult to delete something when its not even there to select. :)

Apparently 3 cups of coffee is not enough.

----------------
Neil Osher

patricks
2008-01-07, 07:29 PM
For that kind of thing I probably would have done it in a 3D view, maybe hidden a few objects in the way so I could see the underside of the roof.

Neil Osher
2008-01-07, 09:13 PM
For that kind of thing I probably would have done it in a 3D view, maybe hidden a few objects in the way so I could see the underside of the roof.

That would have been a much easier way. :beer:

----------------
Neil Osher