PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! Sloped Walls in Revit.

hdjohnson
2008-01-07, 06:50 PM
Okay, my client just informed me that DD is gone and we are going strait to CDs. Not only that, but we need to submit in a few days. Great!

My question is I have a builidng that has a curved roof and a wall that is angled at 10 degrees or 100 degrees if you're using a protractor. See sketch. What is the best way to construct this wall so that the other interior walls can attach to it.

I'm currently using a mass; however, the interior walls can't attach to it. Do I have to edit the profiles of all interior walls?

I'm currently using skylights as windows for the wall.

I just need to find the best way to model this so that I can make changes fast and not have to keep remaking the wall. When I do this, the skylight windows keeps getting deleted.

Also, how can I dimension from the different "layers" (finish, substrate, structural, etc.) of the wall? I can only select the exterior and interior faces of the wall.

Sorry for the rambling. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Howard Johnson

dgreen.49364
2008-01-07, 07:45 PM
You're on the right track. Create sloped walls using masses. Edit the profiles of the walls that need to join up. Not sure what to tell you about the skylight issue. For dimensions, you should be able to highlight the wall and tab thru the different layers to hit what you want to dimension to.