PDA

View Full Version : Missing Wall

boofredlay
2008-01-07, 10:20 PM
I have a problem I have not seen before. I have a wall that has gone missing in plan view.
I checked the "reveal hidden elements", not there.
I changed the view range, not there.
I tried a plan region, not there.
I have the same wall situation on the other end of the building, same wall type, same storefront cut into it and it shows up fine.
The wall in question shows up in elevation and in section but not in plan.
The dimension references to it disappeared as well, like the wall was deleted but again, it is there.

I did do some split face detailing and drafting over the wall but that should have no effect. I did the same to the other wall that is fine.

See images for clarity (the wall in question is currently selected). Any help would be appreciated.
FYI, the columns I changed to show up blue for clarity.

phyllisr
2008-01-08, 02:50 PM
...images for clarity...
Any chance you could strip your model to reduce the size and then post it in a .zip file? It would be easier to try a few things with the model than trying to interpret what might be happening from the images.

Thanks!

bclarch
2008-01-08, 03:06 PM
The wall may have been inadvertantly changed to a different phase or workset that is turned off in the plan view.

boofredlay
2008-01-08, 03:16 PM
Thanks Phyllis for you offer to look it over.

Robert, the project is not set up in phases but that is a good thing for me to remember for the future.

What I did was draw a duplicate wall halfway down the suspect wall then deleted the suspect wall. Then I just extended the wall into place and all seems to be well now.

boofredlay
2008-01-08, 04:14 PM
Well it seems that the split face command is what is causing the problem. As soon as I started using it on this wall again, the wall disappeared in plan. This is particularly odd as I have been using the split face command on many other walls of the same type in this project with no problems.
Oh well, if it is just one wall I will draft a filled region over it and be done with my elevations.

patricks
2008-01-08, 05:14 PM
Were you using split regions for your soldier course bricks? I assume so since I don't see the soldier courses in your wall section. If so, why not use a wall sweep, either hosted or in the wall type itself? If it's supposed to flush with the rest of the brick, you could recess a hosted sweep so that only about 1/16" of it sticks out so it will look correct in elevations. The soldier sweep would also show up in your wall sections.

Split regions can be a finicky thing. For a soldier brick course I would definitely do that as a sweep.

dwall
2008-11-20, 03:37 PM
Well it seems that the split face command is what is causing the problem. As soon as I started using it on this wall again, the wall disappeared in plan. This is particularly odd as I have been using the split face command on many other walls of the same type in this project with no problems.
Oh well, if it is just one wall I will draft a filled region over it and be done with my elevations.

I am experiencing the same issue; one wall disappears in plan, and plan only, when a split face is applied to it. Although I had no idea what it was until I found this post, so thanks for posting. Any ideas as to what causes this to happen to one single wall in a project? This makes it a bit unnerving to continue using split faces elsewhere.