PDA

View Full Version : Copy Dimensions

BomberAIA
2008-01-08, 03:07 PM
Is there a way to copy dimensions between similar unit plans?

rmejia
2008-01-08, 03:13 PM
As long as the dimensions don't change (identical), they should copy paste. I have done it in the past, some of them didn't paste (the ones at non parallel walls) but most of them did.

BomberAIA
2008-01-08, 05:19 PM
For some reason they will not paste. I know I've done it in the past also. Thanks for the reply.

cdetore
2008-01-08, 09:55 PM
You should be able to copy them if you are pasting them to a part of the model that has identically spaced references. If not it will try to paste as many as it can and delete the rest.

One funny issue is that if you copy dimensions you cannot use the EQ option on the pasted ones afterwards. A "Constraints Not Satisfied" error comes up. Weird.

CD

patricks
2008-01-08, 10:31 PM
You should be able to copy them if you are pasting them to a part of the model that has identically spaced references. If not it will try to paste as many as it can and delete the rest.

One funny issue is that if you copy dimensions you cannot use the EQ option on the pasted ones afterwards. A "Constraints Not Satisfied" error comes up. Weird.

CD

ahhhh I remember having that sort of trouble on a project some time ago. Pulled my hair out for awhile trying to figure out why the dimension continued to display the same numerical value on both sides (instead of EQ) when I had checked the EQ option in the right-click menu.