PDA

View Full Version : demo an opening

c_whitmore
2008-01-08, 11:02 PM
I need to demo an opening, NOT a cased opening. Is this possible? or do I have to make a cased opening and give it a parameter to not schedule?

Thanks

guitarchitect7
2008-01-09, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't see why not. An opening and cased opening are the same thing only without trim. If it's an existing object, it can be demolished.

c_whitmore
2008-01-09, 06:03 AM
I can't seem to get this to work. When I add an opening it takes on the properties of the existing wall. (becomes existing) In the properties I don't have the option to make it new construction and I can't select it with the hammer either. Any other options?

Thanks

ws
2008-01-09, 12:20 PM
I've found this also - the Opening tool in the Modelling menu creates the opening but even if created in a New Construction phase View doesn't show up as a demolition and also removes the opening from the wall in the Existing phase Views as well.

It seems that you have to use an opening family - I found a few online (there are some nice assymetric opening families in the Revit French content I think but they are cased)

Attached is a simple one I found somewhere if it is any help (might even have been from this Forum).

Scott Womack
2008-01-09, 01:12 PM
I have attached a Zip file with a family named Opening-Square. It does not have a frame, etc. If placed in an existing wall, from a New Construction phase, it will create the "demoed" portion of the wall correctly. You will have to filter out "opening" in your door schedule to avoid scheduling it. It is adjustable in length and height.