PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Sheet view to AutoCAD

bskripac
2008-01-09, 04:30 PM
I am having an issue when exporting a Sheet view from Revit to AutoCAD for our consultant. When I export the file I get and error message stating “Can’t create…(it then list the file path for the DWG file it is trying to create)..and continues to say or file is already in use. Please close file and press okay”.

This has been a very strange issue that can be resolved by saving the file to a different location. There thing is that there are no files in the directory where I am trying to create this DWG and there is nobody else working on the project that could have something open.

Has anybody run into an issue like this before?

Matt Brennan
2008-01-09, 07:43 PM
I have seen this issue before too. In the end, I selected the "Export each view or sheet as a single file" when exporting and that solved my problem. Try it and see what happens.

patricks
2008-01-09, 11:09 PM
I have seen this issue before too. In the end, I selected the "Export each view or sheet as a single file" when exporting and that solved my problem. Try it and see what happens.

That's the only way I would do it. Otherwise it makes each view a separate file, and then has a file for the sheet with all the views Xref'd in. It makes things very sloppy IMHO.