PDA

View Full Version : Dim text Width Factor

jmartinek
2008-01-09, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if you can adjust Dim text Width Factor?
I can't find the way to adjust it so that Dims text looks the same as any other text ( 0.75 width factor).
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-09, 07:09 PM
no way to adjust text widths in revit.

Sorry

Justin

david.kingham
2008-01-09, 07:54 PM
I had to create my own custom font for dimensions that is scaled down

patricks
2008-01-09, 07:55 PM
What do you mean by "looks the same as any other text"? We use the same font for both text notes and dimensions, and it all looks the same.

David, how did you create your own font? We use a font called Architext that I might like to try creating a narrower version, because it is a little wide compared to Arial.

jmartinek
2008-01-09, 08:18 PM
What do I mean by "looks the same as any other text"?
System Family Text, System Family Label etc. is editable in Element Properties dialog box, where you can type value for Width factor.
System Family Dimension Style doesn't have Width factor option -
my Dimension text than looks too wide compare all other Width edited text.....

gbrowne
2008-01-10, 11:57 AM
I think it would be nice to "property paint" text boxes so they all line up the same width, as we have had in regular CAD for years..

patricks
2008-01-10, 01:40 PM
What do I mean by "looks the same as any other text"?
System Family Text, System Family Label etc. is editable in Element Properties dialog box, where you can type value for Width factor.
System Family Dimension Style doesn't have Width factor option -
my Dimension text than looks too wide compare all other Width edited text.....

whoa haha I just noticed that text has a width factor property.

I guess all our text and dimensions look the same because none of us in our office have messed with that before.

mrice.47661
2008-01-10, 05:50 PM
We had the same issue on our first live project - we started using Arial notation with a .75 width factor (just to manage the amount of graphic real estate being taken up with notes), but when we got to dimensioning, we were frustrated by the fact that there is no control of the width factor for dimensions.

The quasi-solution that we employed was to use the "Arial Narrow" font for the dimensioning, which matches up pretty well with Arial using a .75 width factor. In hindsight it might be a bit more consistent to just use the Arial Narrow font everywhere ... as the effect is nearly the same.

Hope this helps.

SCShell
2008-01-11, 01:56 PM
Hey there,
Great avatar mrice! We have a wonder pug too, Puka. (Puka Shell)
And, I can't believe that I never noticed the width factor in the Type Properties of any text!!???

Thanks
Steve