PDA

View Full Version : Saving to Library

umichtrojn
2008-01-09, 11:10 PM
i have a project i did over a year ago (in 9.1). it has some standard details i want to save out and re-use in my current project (2008). when i go through the process, i get an "Unspecified Error" message.

i tried to group the lines/text in my drafting views, but got the same Error Message.

any ideas what might be wrong, and how to fix it?

dhurtubise
2008-01-09, 11:46 PM
Open the project and try to copy paste to a new project and then save that view

umichtrojn
2008-01-09, 11:51 PM
Thanks, I tried that. it is something with my install of Revit i think. it happens no matter which file i try to save from. i suppose i can copy from one, and paste into the other. has anyone else seen this problem?

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-10, 12:04 AM
you can't copy paste between versions of revit. you will need to save a copy of your project in the newer version. then save. I also wonder if this is part of the y2k8 bug? did you load the new build (lots of unspecified errors with that bug)?

Justin

richard.binning
2008-01-10, 04:45 AM
Load the new builds and try again.

Gadget Man
2008-01-10, 08:59 AM
you can't copy paste between versions of revit. you will need to save a copy of your project in the newer version. then save...

Well, I am sure I did it many times before. True, I opened an old project in the current version (as the second project in the same instance of Revit) and WITHOUT SAVING it I copied/pasted whatever I needed. Than WITHOUT SAVING it again (I didn't want to upgrade this file to a newer version) I simply closed that project. The next time I opened it it was still in the older version.